EPIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plz Register on the site to apply/view and others.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kabo Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabo

Kabo Application Empty
PostSubject: Kabo Application   Kabo Application EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:03 pm

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class?
Kabo, level 80 Warrior

2. What is your age?

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.
Brute Squad - Fell apart over time, casual guild, bank alt became second in command
Ruthless Aggression - Too much nonsense going on in guild chat, decided to go to a different guild after running with them briefly
low maintenance - Ran with them and got myself initially geared with heroics, their normal raiding day was Wednesday and I never had that free. Requirements for raiding were to sign up in advance, was cut and rudely told I wasn't good enough. I was never part of the inner circle so I couldn't raid. Left
Brute Squad (GM) - as guild master of Brute Squad I attempted to rebuild it and recruit folks for heroics, eventually we merged with I Liberty and justice I with approximately 10 members.
I Liberty and justice I - finished getting epicced out in heroics and began raiding, was quickly promoted to officer. Began raiding with them in 10 mans and the easier 25 mans as tank or DPS depending on what they needed. Eventually began running 25 man Naxx. I began to take exception when they came up with a rule that only 3 people aside from the GM and his out of WoW friends could ever be officers. This was never communicated to current officers, so one officer was demoted when another officer was promoted. I asked to be demoted because I felt I was undeserving to be an officer if it meant others could not. We continued to run raids and then our GM arguably ninja'd loot from your Raharu (strike 2). Then last night the GM made up a rule on the spot because a guildy "didn't pull enough DPS on a boss" but fairly won a trinket. The trinket was awarded to someone else. I and the other former officer took exception to this, and after arguing and going nowhere with the GM and his #2, so we gquit.

4. Do you have any friends currently in EPIC?
I've run with Raharu before, specifically in the afore mentioned Naxx run.
Jagerhorn
ran with Broklaw a few times long ago in BC

5. Are you willing to install Ventrilo, as all our raid instructions are given vocally (No Mic required at this time) as well as several UI Mods required for raiding?
I should hopefully have most of that already, but yes if I'm missing any of it.

6. Are you interested in raiding 25 man content and if yes, can you make our raid times? Tue-Thu 7-11:30 pm ST?
Yes. Almost all of the time I can make these raid times.

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like or provide a link to your armory page?

Armory

You could get either set depending on which I had on when I logged, at this time it is my DPS set,
Always getting tweaked, but here's the high level:
Tank set:
T7 gloves and shoulders, Naxx25 chestplate (Breastplate of Tormented Rage), OS25 pants (Dragon Brood Legguards). Everything else is at least heroic/crafted quality level 80 epics except 2 blue items - Trinket iLvl 200 Essence of Gossamer, Ring iLvl 200 Unmashable Heavy Band
(currently fury for these numbers as of application time, they are better if I respec)
HP 26841 (about 28K as Prot)
Armor 21717 (about 24K or so as Prot)
Str 916
Ag 140
Stam 1890
Hit rating 248
Def 540
Dodge 18.9% (around 34% as Prot)
Parry 11.7% (around 17% as Prot)
Block 12.1% (around 17% as Prot)

DPS set:
T7.5 Helm and chest, T7 pants and shoulders, Naxx25 BoE gloves (Zeliek's Gauntlets). Everything else is at least heroic/crafted quality level 80 epics except 1 blue item - Trinket iLvl 200 Metorite Whetstone. All gem slots maxed out, everything enchanted
Str 1007
Ag 362
Stam 1402
Power 3504
haste rating 313
hit rating 230 (7%), all from gear, I get another +3% from talents to put me over the 8% (or 8.2% depending on what you believe) cap
cirt chance: 34.02%
expertise 21/21
I pull around 2500-3000 DPS in 25 man raids

8. Can you describe what raiding experience you have?
I have completed OS10/25, VoA10/25, Naxx10 multiple times, Naxx25 once completed, but many partial runs. I led part of our first Naxx10 completion when the original raid leader, main tank, and off tank all got too drunk to effectively lead...We made it to KT but were not quite able to down him that attempt.

9. What role do you wish to perform while raiding? (Healer, Tank, DPS)
I have in the past run as both Melee DPS and Tank, I can do either and enjoy both during raiding. I'm usually not opposed to respeccing if the need arises. For example, in Naxx25 we had run through with 2 tanks and needed a third for Construct wing and Sapph/KT, so I respecced from Fury to Prot and finished the raid with them as the 3rd tank.

10. What do you enjoy most about playing the game?
It's hard to say, that's changed as time has gone by. I'd say right now I enjoy the laughs I get while running raids with other people. The vent conversations between bosses are quite entertaining.

11. What made you want to apply to EPIC?
I left L&J because of nonsense. I spoke with Raharu and he encouraged me to apply. I've known Jagerhorn for many weeks now and he's a cool guy and seems to speak highly of you guys as a guild.

12. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?
As explained above, for right now I have a fresh gquit from L&J that potentially poses problems. This is really only an issue with the leadership, and I've managed to maintain the peace with most of their guild membership.

13. Finally, tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a software engineer that graduated from GA Tech in 2007. I currently work for a large website in the Atlanta area. When I'm not playing WoW, I enjoy other video games, hanging out with friends, poker, softball, working out, and a good TV show. WoW was my life for about 6 weeks after I was laid off late last year and didn't have anything better to do outside of applying for jobs. I'm moving toward just wanting to be on to raid for the most part at this time.
Back to top Go down
Raharu

Kabo Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabo Application   Kabo Application EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 am

REC

He personally apologized to me for his GM being a ninja. He was very concerned about the image of his guild which would carry over to EPIC nicely. Hes proven himself a leader in his guild which is also a plus. He specs as needed which shows he is willing to do what needs to be done for the raid.

"12. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?
As explained above, for right now I have a fresh gquit from L&J that potentially poses problems. This is really only an issue with the leadership, and I've managed to maintain the peace with most of their guild membership."

Leaving a guild and standing up for what you believe in is a big plus.

Drinkbeers can keep the shield Im much happier getting good raiders. lol!

OH! additionally! Well done app.
Back to top Go down
Harmonee

Kabo Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabo Application   Kabo Application EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 am

REC

Some good warriors in this guild at the moment so hope you don't mind competition
Back to top Go down
Riku

Riku

Kabo Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabo Application   Kabo Application EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:51 am

REC

Talked to him and he sounds like a nice guy. I'd like to run with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kabo Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabo Application   Kabo Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Kabo Application
Page 1 of 1