EPIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plz Register on the site to apply/view and others.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New specs needed???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sherezahade

Sherezahade

New specs needed??? Empty
PostSubject: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 am

Ok I've gathered pretty much enough gear needed to be viable at both other specs, shadow and disc healing (25% crit unbuffed in holy with crit gear, should go up in disc...) And pretty close to hit cap in dps gear.

So if we need a differently specced priest for raiding, i'm available for that.
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 am

Yeah, i had given thought to going Discipline, but i've not ever raided as disc, so it'd be a learning process, same with shadow. If youre interested in either of the 2, then go for it, it's up to you really, but i know you kill the healing charts as holy. I think it's mainly just you and i that are the "normal" priests, Bodaren can only come on tuesdays.
Back to top Go down
Sherezahade

Sherezahade

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:27 am

K i will try disc tonight to try and bring more diversity into healing, so i'll MT heal i gues... If we happen to bring more healers than on tuesday then i'll go shadow.
Back to top Go down
Sherezahade

Sherezahade

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:15 am

... It was great!!!

Definitly easier to put a tank up with all the buffs he gets from crit...

Lacks a lot of healing output, but with continuous 25% more armor, 6% less damage done, 12% more healing from the priest and absorbed damage with PW:S and Divine Aegis, tanks take a lot less damage... When they do easy to take them back up with PW:S/penance/PoM/Flash Heals. Plus shorter cd on penance with the glyph next patch.

And mana returns are ridiculous lol don't even get close to missing any...

If you want to try it out Elb i can go back to holy for a raid so you can check it out.
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:45 am

Nah, i'll wait for dual specs to give it a shot, dont really have the gear for it now anyways, i gotta gather more crit gear before going disc.

But when 3.1 hits, we should def get our dual specs goin, you seem to really like disc, so i'll hit up holy/shadow and you can do holy/disc if ya want.
Back to top Go down
Yinng

Yinng

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Hai! New priest here! Smile

So what specs are you guys going for in 3.1?

I'm probably going shadow/holy here!
Back to top Go down
Bodaren

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:35 pm

I am going holy for sure as my main spec. As for my other spec, i'm thinking about shadow. Crazy DPS, and i've never played as shadow(leveled holy), so it would be a fun learning how to play that as well. I do need to collect some gear for shadow though, as i've mainly been focusing on getting the best healing gear i can find.

I also read that healing is rather boring in the new content. Could just be a rumor, i think i remember reading a post about it though. I'm hoping thats not the case, but if it is, then shadow seems like a good option for me.
Back to top Go down
Sherezahade

Sherezahade

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:53 pm

PVE Disc/PVE Holy

Healing is ma bitch lol
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Thinking Holy/disc as well Sherez, not sure yet though, depends on what i have the gear for, we shall see, i cant even get on yet! >.<
Back to top Go down
Yinng

Yinng

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Yup, I'm holy pve/shadow pve!

There's a new dps belt in WG that's really good for dps if anyone is interested. :0
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Yeah, i got the valorous t8 shadow gloves last night from Emalon, so i figured i'd get shadow as my dual spec, went 13/0/58 for shadow. Did about 2.2k dps on the dummies last night, not good, but not as terrible as i was expecting, i only have like 3 pieces of shadow gear lol.
Back to top Go down
Yinng

Yinng

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:36 pm

So you guys downed which bosses?

2.2 is good! I regemmed everything yesterday night after getting the belt, because I had too much hit rating with the belt... managed a steady 2.9k dps on the boss dummy! Razz I was pretty proud! rofl, I was doing 2.4 in the raid yesterday I was so ashamed Sad

Ah well, next one will go a lot better ;D add ons were always fucking me up on my side, could barely see the debuffs I had on the boss and xperl's target debuffs/buffs was taking all the room in the center of my screen, do you get that elb?

EDIT : oh just noticed emalon is the VOA new boss ;D gratz on killing him Smile) how many tries?
Back to top Go down
Ronfar

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:25 pm

I don't know how many it took them but we got Server First 10 man.
Back to top Go down
Yinng

Yinng

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Gratz! That's awsome hehe Very Happy

EDIT ; anything special I should know before going there? Did you use the same strat we did on 25?
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:52 pm

The vehicle boss of Ulduar was quite possibly the most fun i've ever had in WoW.....no joke, that was a blast. We downed that boss, got an achieve, then went and did Razorscale, couldnt down her though, but only did about 4 tries. It was a blast, and 25 man is gonna be alot of fun as well, cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Also, i managed to pull off 2.7k dps on the training dummy, so it's not TOO bad, could be alot worse heh.
Back to top Go down
Yinng

Yinng

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:35 am

Stay holy so I get invited to raid O.o
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 am

Yeah, no worries about that, trust me. I did Heroic AN last night as shadow and yeah.....barely pulled 2k dps lol, it was bad. No way im gonna raid as shadow anytime in the near future seeing as how my gear is nowhere near good enough yet.
Back to top Go down
Yinng

Yinng

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Haha I was kidding! Smile It's fun to change once in a while isn't it though?
Back to top Go down
Elbereth

Elbereth

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Yeah, havent dps'd an instance in who knows how long, was nice to not stare at green bars all the time....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New specs needed???   New specs needed??? Empty

Back to top Go down

New specs needed???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EPIC  :: EPIC Heroes (WoW) :: Class Discussion :: Priests-
Jump to: